Allegro Dance Arts Creative Shows 2013
DATE: Sunday, January 20, 2013
PLACE: Academy Theatre
TIMES: 2:00 & 7:00 p.m.
WHAT: Two shows celebrating the creativity of our older dancers!
MATINEE PERFORMANCE: 2:00-3:30 p.m. – (Level 3 classes)
***Arrive by 12:00 to rehearse dances***
EVENING PERFORMANCE: 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. – (Level 4 & 5 classes)
***Arrive by 4:00 to rehearse dances***
1) Piece information sheet – be sure to fill out the piece information sheet and return it to your teacher by FRIDAY, JANUARY 11.
2) Piece length – solos, duets, trios—2 minutes, groups—3 minutes.
3) Music – Music must be turned in by FRIDAY, JANUARY 11. All music must be labeled with your name, name of piece. CD’s are preferred. Submit CD’s in cases or protective pockets, specify track number. Be sure “burnt” discs are labeled, and check to make sure your CD is in the case.
4) Arrive early! Find a place to put your belongings under the stage. Do not leave belongings in the theatre house. Check order of show which will be posted backstage on both sides. We will have a brief meeting before the show starts.
5) While backstage – No food, candy, gum or drink. Water only in plastic water bottles. You should be in wings two pieces before your own number. Be quiet, whispering only. Stay out of audience view. You are allowed to watch the show, but only move from backstage to house (house to backstage) between numbers.
6) Because this is your show, and directed by you, you must behave very responsibly! Respect other performers and the space. Know when it is your turn to go on stage.
7) Costumes and props – you are responsible for your prop(s). Make sure that you bring what you need, and take home all belongings.
8) Cleaning up – You are responsible for cleaning up the backstage and audience areas before you leave.
9) General appearance – hair should be pulled back, no jewelry unless part of costume, make-up should be blended.
FORMS AND MUSIC MUST BE TURNED IN BY FRIDAY, JANUARY 11
ADMISSION IS $2